We are here to help you!
Q. Document required for account opening
Keep the following documents handy while opening account online. Fill in the details and upload the relevant documents as and when they appear.
- Proof of Identity (POI)
- Unique Identification Number (UIDAI) (Aadhaar Card)/ Passport/ Voter ID card/ driving license.
- PAN Card
- Identity card with applicant’s photograph issued by either the Central or State Government or any of its Departments, Statutory and/or Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings Scheduled Commercial Banks, Public Financial Institutions, Colleges affiliated to Universities, and recognised Professional Bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants i.e. ICAI, Institute of Cost Works Accountants – ICWAI, Institute of This is also acceptable as proof of address as long as the address is also on the Identity card.
- Proof of Permanent and Correspondence Address (POA)
- Passport, Voters Identity Card, Ration Card, Rent Agreement, Registered Lease, or Sale Agreement of Residence, State Issued Driving License, and/or Insurance Copy stating the address
- Utility bills such as an electric bill, or a gas bill. These should not be older than three months at the time of submission.
- A bank account statement or bank passbook that is no older than three months old. The Bank should be stamped and attested.
- Address proof issued by any of the following: Bank Managers of Scheduled Commercial Banks or Scheduled Co-Operative Banks or Multinational Foreign Banks, or Gazette Officers or Notaries Public, or Elected Representatives to the Legislative Assembly (M.L.A.) or Parliament (M.P.), or Documents issued by any Government or Statutory Authority
- Proof of address in the spouse’s name may be acceptable
- Valid proof for a corresponding Bank account
- A cancelled cheque of the bank account you want to link to your trading account.
- Bank statement
- Income proof
- Last six months’ bank account statement
- A copy of the ITR Acknowledgement Form that was submitted to the Income Tax Department
- Proof of Salary Income by submitting a Salary Slip or a copy of Form 16 Net Worth Certificate
- Any other relevant documents substantiating asset ownership through self-declaration with supporting documentation
- People / organizations authorized to attest documents
- A Notary Public, a Gazette Officer, a Manager of a Scheduled Commercial / Cooperative Bank, or a Manager of a Multinational Foreign Bank.
- Authorized officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Commercial Banks registered in India, Notary Public, Court Magistrate, Judge, and Indian Embassy/Consulate General in the country where the client resides are permitted to attest the documents in the case of NRIs.